Skip to content

College of Thelema: Thelemic Education

Tarot Meditation Project (Liber Theta)

Led by Al-Shariyf, based Download a free copy of Liber Theta, https://thelema.org/publications#article--monographs

188 Topics 1.1k Posts

Subcategories

• Here is material from earlier stages of the project.

82 Topics
    525 Posts
    A

Great! I will post my findings after my 3rd meditation on each card.

• March 9-11, 2014: XIX. The Sun

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    A

@danica said

"
    @AliceKnewI said
    "I notice that the sun rays curve as if it were rotating widdershins - counterclockwise. Why would that be?
    I would have expected Deosil - "sunwise"

Any insights for this?"

this is how it appears the Zodiac is moving on daily basis (diurnal Earth rotation), what we see from earth"

Oh, thanks so much!

93 93/93

• May 22-24, 2017

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • May 18-20, 2017: XV. The Devil

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • May 15-17, 2017; XIV. Art

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • May 8-10, 2017: XIII. Death

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • May 4-6, 2017: XII. The Hanged Man

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • May 1-3, 2017: XI. Lust

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    A

93 All,

Every time, I look at this Atu, I see the Hebrew letter Teth and the number nine which is Yesod on the Tree of life. It is the home of the Nephesh.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephe The animal soul. Using the Tarot Atu's to spell Nephesh, you get Death Atu-13, The Tower Atu-16, and The Aeon Atu-20.

• Resuming Regular Schedule on 5/1

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • April 25-27, 2017: X. Fortune

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • April 20-22, 2017: IX. The Hermit

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • April 17-19, 2017: VIII. Adjustment

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    A

"Will you still need me,
    Will you still feed me,
    When I'm sixty-four?"

It is easier to act from a place of stability
    Chop down a tree when it is still a sprout, or
    Prevent a villain's journey ere the first step is taken

So long as one is neither sluggish nor hasty.
    So hurry up and wait.

• April 10-12, 2017: VI. The Lovers

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    A

Every wayward bit
    Of my universe
    Needs to find it's
    Equal and opposite force.

When a perfect match
    Has been found
    The two particles shall be drawn together
    By an invisible hand

At the marriage ceremony
    All the guests will
    Shout "hallelujah!" and "mazel tov!"
    When we achieve nuclear fusion.

• April 6-8, 2017; V. The Hierophant

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    A

This is my real dad.
    Not behind the mask--
    The dark eyes turn human
    Once the play is over.
    But the mask
    And the human
    Together
    When time stops.

You're my link
    To the past
    You hold up the veil
    Over my eyes
    And tear down the wall
    When it is time.

From the day of my birth
    Until the day that I don the mask
    And await my birth.

• April 13-15, 2017: VII. The Chariot

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    A

My carapace, chariot, and car
    My carrion shell

Defines who's who
    Protects the precious cargo
    Carries us god-knows-where

Adamant
    In it's refusal to be moved
    Stalwart
    In the face of any threat

• April 3-April 6, 2017; IV. The Emperor

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    David SD

Concentrated attention. The fishhook of meditation. The ability to direct focus, with passion and intensity, the path toward realization of desire. The conceptualizing function. Rendering and ordering things into meaning and form. Linking passionate intention with images. Envisioning. Suggesting. The imposition of language and structure. The selection of signal from noise.

In divination can be all things paternal, including resistance around growing up and other daddy issues. Reflects a strength of character, a willingness to commit and follow through. The identification of vocation. Also the beginning and implementation (Aries) of systems leading toward victory.

• March 27-29, 2017; II. The Priestess

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    A

This Key can be summed up in one word with two expressions - REFLECTION. If the Fool represents inspiration, the Magus clothed it in language giving it direction, the Priestess is substance and the medium for the word to be received and cast forth. By her very nature, she is duplicitous: she is dark yet brilliant in the light of the sun, rhythmic and cyclical yet stable. She securely rests on her throne, poised between pure being and the matrix of the human personality, reflecting what is cast before her.

We find her highest expression in those moments when the light of the Sun of one's Soul is most clearly reflected outward, through the personality and into the world in the same way the Moon reflects the most of the Sun's light during a "Full Moon" (which, even then, is an illusion, since we are not necessarily seeing the moon in its ENTIRETY but rather the a face of the moon).

We find her lowest expression in those times when we are enmeshed in the matrix of the personality and our view of ourselves and the situations we find ourselves in is skewed.

Interestingly enough, the act of reflection can loosen the grip of that which we got ensnared by, giving us a chance to discern the illusions as such and return to that state between pure being and the personality. It should be noted that what is said in the prior sentence is crude and general statement summarizing the mystical journey.

• March 30-April 1, 2017: III. The Empress

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    A

She is ready,
    All the provisions are here at hand,
    She's offering a seat at her table
    A place in her bed
    For someone who'll follow
    The rules of the role
    And when the order comes
    From a voice so honey sweet
    What fool could fail
    To fall to his feet?
    Who could be so mean
    As to refuse the
    Sweetness of her cup?

• March 23-25, 2017 - 1. The Magician

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    David SD

Juggling and holding lots of things in the Air. Competence and adroitness. The regal headdress. He brings elegance and prestige to all functions. Houses the complete self, the capable self, the unencumbered self. Evolving the animal self, objectivity toward the monkey mind. Taking flight. Emerging from nothing. The Word as act. Ad hoc. Sua sponte. Fiat.

• March 20-22, 2017 - 0. The Fool

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    A

Thanks David!

Further insights on The Fool - The active nature of Air is demonstrated in the following manner: The Green Man's arms are raised up above him, his feet are in the air protruding out of the frame of the card. He is suspended in the center of the card, in the center of everything else that is going on around him. It as if he is withdrawn from time, activity, circumstance. You can literally see it on his face. He's THERE but not there. Here but not HERE. So we can tack on suspension, withdrawal but not the type found in the Hermit and not the type of suspension that we find in Hanged Man neither. It's the instinctual inhalation and suspension of breathing when in the presence of something that takes your breath away. Baited breath. The Eureka Moment.

That type of withdrawal (the type we find in the Hermit) is much more directed and myopic. It's specific. This is a general type of withdrawal and depending on the circumstances it can be intentional though Not in response to circumstances like the Hanged Man. This is "CAUSED SUSPENSION" for the sake of "Caused Suspension" and thus, Inspiration.

Yet it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to draw a correlation of the Mercurial nature of Alchemical Air to its psychopomp-ish manifestation in the Hermit (which, by the way, also retains the Air-As- Mercury + Fire connection by way of it's attribution to the Hebrew letter Yod). Lots and lots going on here.

• Anybody down for this in 2017???

0 Votes
    13 Posts
    A

Loving the responses everyone.

Who else?