• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • I:N:R:I Formula and Grade Signs

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    H

@Mr Menth said

"On page 94, there is the wonderful version of the INRI formula in a Thelemic style. I was just wondering, do you employ the N.O.X or L.V.X signs when doing this, and at what point?

Thank you."

Ah, here's the old thread I was looking for. The reference to page 94 is even more valuable. I was stopping with the instruction on the Lesser and not reading the Greater Ritual of the Hexagram instructions nor the addendum. Not there yet.

Thank you for that analysis.

• The Hexagram Ritual

0 Votes
    24 Posts
    J

@Quaestor Lucis said

"You wrote:
    "You've given the **more **purely planetary form.
    "

Does this mean that this is not only corrrect sequence of names in this case?

"
    Quite the opposite. I was saying you have it right.

I suppose the communication breakdown here is my reference to the planetary form. The pure expression of the planet is in the path, not the sphere. "The more purely planetary form" is what you want for Gimel, not for Yesod; what you want for Kaph and not Chesed, for Beth and not Hod, etc.

"In col 401 line 13 of 776 there is no Kerubim, but only in line 9. So, is this name suitable here? I believe it is, but I can not grasp this idea of using sephirothic names for planetary(path) invocations. And without this name how can I draw the current down to the Assiah for charge the cakes?"
    "
    "

You have other Yetziratic names to accomplish this. Remember, it isn't the names exactly that matter, it's attuning (to the utmost of your capacity) to Gimel in Atziluth, then drawing tis down into your attunement to Gimel in Briah, and so forth.

• The Pentagram Ritual

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    J

@Quaestor Lucis said

"1) At what distance should I visualize the archangels? And how tall? (I have been working without a physical circle; width of my room is about 7 feet)."

How big is your designated space - your circle, so to speak? Put them at the perimeter of that.

"2) Should the visualization be entirely spontaneous? Or, should I first develop images on paper: color of robe, posture, weapon, face?"

It's flexible - you should be, too.

• Reflections: A Ritual of the Path of Mem

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    J

I think it's pretty obvious. Suggestion: Just experience it. You're engaging your intellect too much and trying to be in control. This entire ritual rests on you surrendering control.

The various steps (through that part in particular) are intended to run consciousness down a particular path, to set it up for an effect.

• Unicursal Hexagrams

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    S

Actually, now I think about it, my gut says:

Towards Fire to invoke Active
    Towards Water to invoke Passive
    Towards Air to banish Active
    Towards Earth to banish Passive

• Questions about Hadit's incongruities

0 Votes
    28 Posts
    -

The "Imagining the tenth dimension" website has an interesting method of visualizing 10 dimensions which begins with a point of indeterminate size and wraps it up nicely with all possible points, lines, and timelines philosophically accounted for in the tenth. The prior akin to our hadit and the latter our nuit. Worth a look in my opinion.
    93/93

• ANNOUNCING: Pearls of Wisdom

0 Votes
    54 Posts
    J

😀

• Concerning Mojave Desert - Abramelin Record

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    J

@milkBoxx said

"Did you sense the Mojave desert environment was a "vault" as you described it
    or was it something else you had learned before about the context and symbolism of the "desert"?
    When you say "vault" do you mean isolation in of itself or were you referring to the Vault of the Adepti?
    Both in sense, is what I read it as, but I could be wrong."

My temple had been consecrated as a Vault of the Adepti. My recollection is that when I was on Pisgah in the Mojave, there were pieces that resembled what next happened in the classic formula while in the vault. The desert had the sense of "withdrawal" and isolation that the formula called for, and had symbols consistent with classic formulae, though I'm not sure I experienced it as a vault per se. (I'm going from memory - haven't reread the record to answer this.)

"Amazing Book and great investment! recommend anyone on here to give it a read (if you haven't already)."

Thanks 😄 Glad Pearls of Wisdom was interesting.

• Kudos

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    J

Thanks, Anael 😄

• To begin;

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    J

@Heg said

"Thanks for the advice and sorry for using wrong section for this post."

Not a problem. It seems you primarily wanted to discuss Pearls of Wisdom anyway 😄

• Method of Colour Visualisation

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    M

Thank you!

I might be able to get some actual work done instead of questioning everything now!

• The LVX Signs and A.'. A.'. Grade Signs

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    H

Yes, I appreciate all the thoughts as well.

I left off the Cross earlier. I struggle to put words to it that fit with the de-emphasis of Osirian suffering.

I was thinking, though, of something like, "The Cross - the Crucible of Will."

As crucible - "a place or situation in which concentrated forces interact to cause or influence change or development"

...indicating the cross of the elements and the rose that blooms upon it.

• Le-Olam and the Five Crosses

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    T

5+5 (fingers and thumbs) +wand =11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Yoga Sutras

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    J

There are several good ones. I think starting with Vivdekananda's translation and commentary in the last half of Raja Yoga is maybe the best place to start, because it integrates with the rest of the book so well.

I started translating it myself in the mid-'90s, and only go a short way before abandoning it and starting over. The most distinctive result of that is Chapter 4 in Pearls of Wisdom, which is more or less my commentary on my translation of the first verse.

• The Anthem

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    B

Whoops, thanks!

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    J

Also, I should have mentioned - on your enormous compliment about copy editing, it's hopefully obvious that this is a team effort. The people mentioned in the Acknowledgements and (in this case) especially David Stanton and Kelly Garey, were just amazing in their attentiveness and insight on things large and small. There comes a time (after, say, the 20th or 30th pass) when I just can't look at a line or paragraph or page and actually see what's typed there. It takes a new, fresh eye that isn't inside my own head.

These guys (and, in different ways, everyone mentioned in the Acknowledgements) were amazing.

• The Magical Diary of Bro. Proserpinus.

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    M

Thank you 😀 . I was curious about these things, I read the piece like a story and just wanted to fill in some gaps.

93, 93/93.

• Letters From Saturn - quotation

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    J

For from the silence of the wand
    Unto the speaking of the sword,
    And back again to the beyond -
    This is the toil, and the reward.
    This is the path of Hua, ho!
    This is the path of IAO.

• Anthologies

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    C

I also think Ashcroftt Nowicki is brilliant, she has a series of recorded pathworkings which are amazing, while all the correspondences may not be strictly Thelemic she does an incredible job and one can tell she is working from true insight gained from experience. Listening to her guided pathworkings always completely takes me into the path and are always incredibly vivid. I have also used these as jumping off points, have stayed in the sphere or path and done my own wandering and had my own interactions. The imagery really seems to get into the blood and I can vividly remember each pathworkings experience without having to have actively studied it. It is truly like a memory of a lived experience