College of Thelema: Thelemic Education

5 - Architect Adeptus

Posts suitable to all Senior 5° initiates

15 Topics 70 Posts
  • Geomantic figures in talismans

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    J

Sometimes geomantic figures are given the "connect the dots" treatment according to personal taste, inspiration, etc.

Yes, generally a kamea or the RC will provide sigils of Names. Which one to use is determined partly by taste and choice, partly by practicality. For example, the RC is in Hebrew, so not usable (without a shoe horn) for other alphabets. It is higher frequency in some senses, and also more generic. The kameas are distinctive to the planets, and therefore a more specialized or specific planetary-energy form (plus, it's on these that the traditional sigils of angels and the main planetary hierarchies are derived - sometimes with mistakes - and copied over the centuries.)

• Liber Samekh questions

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    E

The Architect Adeptus version doesn't mention pentagrams, not does this online version:
    www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib800.htm. I haven't yet fetched my copy of M inT&P from Toronto, so I can't check that.

EDIT:
    The Bornless Ritual in the GD book mentions pentagrams explicitly. The Scholion implies using them, but doesn't explicitly use the p-word, except for the Spirit pentagrams. It just needs careful reading and re-reading.

The one run-through I've done on this ritual, I was test-driving it, so I let visualizing the creatures go this time.

93 93/93,
    Edward

• Phoenix Ritual of the Hexagram

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    E

Thanks Jim. I'll offer my own comments after I've played with this a little.

93 93/93,

Edward

• Correcting the Earth tablet

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    E

Thanks again.

EM

• Lilith and Nephthys

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    Q

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

• I.N.R.I. formula & Chokmah

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    M

Wow! 😲 Thank you very much for sharing this, it's amazing! 😄

• Yetzirah

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    J

Thanks, David.

The Sephirothic association here is vague because of the difference between the "looking back" and "looking forward" views of training.

A.'.A.'. tends to use the "looking back" or "I done done it" view of things. One is an initiate of Yesod when one has completed the work of Malkuth and "gotten oneself into Yesod." The work comes ahead of the acknowledgement of the step.

T.'.O.'.T.'. follows the Golden Dawn "looking forward" model - formal admission into a step precedes the working the tasks of that step.

So, yes, Architect Adeptus has analogies to Architect in the First Order (following the T.'.O.'.T.'. model) and analogies to the 1=10 (Malkuth) stage of A.'.A.'. that is opening itself to the Yesod level. In either case, the tasks are kinda the same.

I hadn't thought overly much about hte Path of Tav etc. perspective - I think I need those of you coming through the system to document this sort of thing, and I thank you for doing that. By the time I went through Theoricus Adeptus Minor in F.L.O. I was already a 3=8 in A.'.A.'. and this complicated tracking what was happening. The key idea, in either case, is that, while Second Order should represent a threshold of functional familiarity with Yetzirah in general, Architect Adeptus is definitely the place where this is intentionally opened up - with the astral work, assumption of god-forms, and related tasks which closely parallel A.'.A.'. 1=10 work with the intention of opening to Yesod - or the T.'.O.'.T.'. idea of working the formulae symbolically related to Yesod.

I'm heading out the door soon, and unsure if I have addressed everything - slightly drunk from having helped Zeph consume the absinthe we bought in Toronto last spring - but thought I'd throw this piece out as a starter.

• Wand and Disk

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    E

Okay - A Yod-ing we will go.

That makes sense of the correspondences.

thx,

93 93/93,

EM

• The Tablets

0 Votes
    14 Posts
    E

JAE, 93,

Thanks. Yes, I'm done on two of the tablets, and just finishing Earth.

Another question on methodology that M-5 doesn't seem to address. In opening up, I do banishings first. But should I do a full Greater Pentagram Ritual for the appropriate element (if it isn't a planetary working) or just open the tablet as in the first stage of each of the First Order attunement rituals, when the Hierophant goes over to the tablet and does the circle and the two pentagrams? The paper outlins the actual working with the tablets, but doesn't say much on the "before 'n after."

93 93/93,

Edward

• Telesmatic images

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    M

Yes! Definately worked! 😀

Wow! Poor guy! Did he explode? 😱

• Where does the outer court come from?

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    J

@MQL said

"Is there any record of the outer court in GD, AetO, or Stelle Matutina?"

None.

There might have been something similar in Fraternity of the Inner Light - it's the kind of thing they'd do - but I don't have any actual record of it.

"Also, in ours, was the Temple of Unreserved Dedication there as it is, or something that was built up later?"

We noticed it within the first few months of finding the location.

• Emails sent

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    E

JAE, 93,

Thanks!

93 93/93,

Edward

• RC3

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    D

I suspect this is a matter for individual preference and investigation. Personally, I tend to reserve RC3 for instances where I am specifically striving for a more intense energy influx--moreso than my "typical" daily routine would require. Say, just before the climax of a talismanic charging, for example.

That said, I've sometimes used RC3 for a few days in a row, when it felt that my overall energetic level required it.

My two cents.

93 93/93

In L.V.X.,
    David

@MQL said

"Would you suggest that the Adeptus perform the RC3 formula as part of a daily ritual routine, or should they work more with the RC1 (portal version) formula?

MQL"

• King scale colours

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    E

Thanks Jim.

E.

• Grade Sashes

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    Q

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.