Qabbalah

Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

541 Topics 4.8k Posts
  • Court Card Decanates

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    D

πŸ˜€
    I came to the forum after long-time-no-see with a question in mind to post and randomly checked here in Qabalah section to see what's new - to find this old thread that addresses, however in its own different way, exactly the subject of my question !

Does anyone know (ideally, historical info, with year/century and everything pertinent) when the Shemhamphorash started being attributed to the Zodiac, in sequence as we now have it?

• Matrices in the book of Abramelin

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    U

The thought has occurred to me regarding magical squares in a general sense.

I intend to experiment a bit in a month or so.

Possibly starting with Enochian tablets.

If you want to work on the Abremelin, we can compare notes πŸ˜„

• Latin Simplex

0 Votes
    45 Posts
    D

As I'm gradually working of translating Liber Legis into Latin, I'll be posting here periodically the most interesting findings, on the go.

Here's some today's gems:

BACULUM VIS COPH NIAE - Wand of the Force of Coph Nia = 175

(while Force of the Coph Nia itself - Vis Coph Niae = 110)

• Maat sephiroth

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    T

@gerry456 said

"Actually yes, the paths are equally as important as the sephirah."

And therefore Lamed marks the realm of Maat's Adlusting temple of Equilibrium, not a fixed number sphere. (Unless you want Maat to be a Messiah, then Six i guess.)

• Lurianic Kabbalah

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    S

Lurianic Kabballah is much as you'd think. There's Kether at the top, Malkuth at the bottom, the rest in between. Do you have any questions in particular regarding that particular field of Kabballah? Else, there are books written on the topic...

Here's his poem.

The Tree of Life
    by The ARI, a great 16th century Kabbalist

Behold that before the emanations were emanated and the creatures were created,
    The upper simple light had filled the whole existence.
    And there was no vacancy, such as an empty atmosphere, a hollow, or a pit,
    But all was filled with simple, boundless light.
    And there was no such part as head, or tail,
    But everything was simple, smooth light, balanced evenly and equally,
    And it was called the Endless Light.

And when upon His simple will, came the desire to create the world
    and emanate the emanations,
    To bring to light the perfection of His deeds, His names, His appellations,
    Which was the cause of the creation of the worlds,
    He then restricted Himself, in the middle,
    Precisely in the center,
    He restricted the light.
    And the light drew far off to the sides around that middle point.
    And there remained an empty space, a vacuum
    Circling the middle point.
    And the restriction had been uniform
    Around the empty point,
    So that the space
    Was evenly circled around it.

There, after the restriction,
    Having formed a vacuum and a space
    Precisely in the middle of the endless light,
    A place was formed,
    Where the emanated and the created might reside.
    Then from the Endless Light a single line hung down,
    Lowered down into that space.
    And through that line, He emanated, created, formed, and
    Made all the worlds.
    Before these four worlds came to be
    There was one infinite, one name, in wondrous, hidden unity,
    And even in the angles closest to Him
    There is no force and no attainment in The Endless,
    As there is no mind that can perceive Him,
    For He has no place, no boundary, no name.

• Tarot Mastery

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    S

@seekinghga said

"Farther and farther we float; yet we are still. It is the chain of systems that is falling away from us."

It's not so much that the "systems" "fall away" as it is that we are divested of our conditioned proportion to them. The error of their seeming duality is acquitted by oneness. It is of consequence that petty, myopic, small-minded and divisive ideologies are stamped out in the indelible imputrescence of Love under Will; they cannot co-exist with that love (study this, if you so choose, in connection with 156; see Liber CDXVIII). This absolutely includes who and what we believe (read: think) that we are. "Light cleaveth unto Light, and filth to filth; with pride one contemneth another. But not Thou, who art all, and beyond it; who art absolved from the Division of the Shadows."

Wending back to topic, the tarot can be a handy guide of reference for some and it is advisable to familiarize oneself with it. However, the study of it, and especially its divining potentials, are fallible to the lull and pull of the Ego and should be calculated as such. Its redeeming balance can come when it is applied solely to the Great Work; i.e. it is used as a means to dissolve the self-perpetuating, self-insisting complexities of belief. "There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt."

• New Aeon Tarot: Adjustment and the Lovers

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    L

Everything is under control.

The Lovers card is pretty complicated. I notice the two females together with the males produce some sort of formula or process. I can feel it but can't really articulate what it is. We also have Cupid or Karma shooting an arrow, a puppetmaster and a male statue and a female statue. Also the Ten of Swords (Ruin) is in the background.

I wonder if the male and female statues are representing ideal male/female forms. I also wonder if they are actual famous statues from art history. Crowley references the Venus of Milo in the Book of Lies.

The puppetmaster I also understand intuitively but don't really get. Who is this figure? He, plus Karma (Desire) seem to be motioning the Universe. The male/female dichotomy is in the card, but not as openly as in the Rider-Waite version of the card. We almost have the boys separated from the girls as in elementary school.

Another New Aeon card I have been considering is the Aeon. The figure in front is an invisible-transparent Harpocrates and behind him we have Ra Hoor Kuit.

I don't know much about Harpocrates symbolism (outside its association with silence) but the ideas I'm getting now are that Harpocrates is the Geist or Spirit, the Silent Philosopher standing and thinking. Behind him we have Ra Hoor Kuit, the Lord of the Aeon, ruling over Harpocrates' thoughts. We only have the thoughts we do due to the society we live in and the people we associate with. The thoughts we have are based on the knowledge we have as a society, which will change throughout history (the aeons). The thoughts of a person in ancient Greece will be different from a medieval monk which will be different from our current way of thinking.

I also see Ra Hoor Kuit as the "current reterritorialization" of humanity; humanity's current, generalized map of reality. As I see it, if someone discovers something new or has an original idea, Ra Hoor Kuit's function is to allow that new idea to be expressed, if it is True, even if it differs from the expectations of humanity.

What Harpocrates thinks is dependent on what Ra Hoor Kuit, the Aeon, allows him to think. It took time for atheism to become accepted. I wonder if this is because people expected others would start acting entirely out of control, breaking all the laws, etc. if atheism was widespread and no one believed in God. This is an extreme example; from an everyday perspective, what we think about is what everybody else thinks about, and our philosophy is kept on Earth by the genetic, God-given "What should I eat today?" and "I have to go to the bathroom", along with social behavior type thoughts.

I think Harpocrates represents the Thinker of the one Thought, the once-in-a-while stroke-of-genius thought that occurs outside of the banalities.

But this is just my opinion and my development of my own philosophy.

• Tzaddi is not the Star

0 Votes
    189 Posts
    2k Views
    M

Okay, mystery solved. I claim that Crowley's innovation is the double loop in the zodiac as opposed Golden Dawn/Waite/Case zodiac circle - anything other is not perfect symmetry. As there is no double loop in the zodiac in Crowley's Thoth Tarot it means that the Thoth Tarot is based on the zodiac circle so the attributions are the same as in Golden Dawn/Waite/Case Tarot - Lust-Teth-Leo being atu 8 and Adjustment-Lamed-Libra 11, The Emperor-He-Aries 4, The Star-Tzaddi-Aquarius. Crowley and Freida Harris created a standard attribution Golden Dawn Tarot pack leaving out "Tzaddi is not the Star"/"double loop in the zodiac" material. The Thoth Tarot book is another matter as it deals with Crowley's various ideas and innovations.
    Finally no need to make Crowley's Thoth Tarot what it is not - it is not based on the "Tzaddi is not the Star" material it's attributions are totally the same as Waite/Case Tarot. Unfortunately I haven't seen a deck made with the "double loop in the zodiac" attributions and colors so I use Marseilles Tarot for these.

• Heliocentric view in Qabbalah & Tarot, practice?

0 Votes
    14 Posts
    T

The magician has a man's view
    The mystic has a god's view
    Choose your system well

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    M

Yes, but Crowley's Thoth Tarot specifically labels 7 planets, 12 zodiac signs and 5 elements in the Major Arcana. My question was why he decided to label the 5 elements coming to to 24 symbols instead of 3 Alchemical symbols coming to exactly 22 symbols?

• How is the number of Qlipoth 11?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    F

After nearly a month, I've found the answer: the Qlippah that corresponds to Kether, Thaumiel (The Twins of God), is split in two.

• Different order of Sephiroth?

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    A

I finished reading this book. It was a fascinating read. It explained mathematical concepts for the layperson, and it also went into the personal lives of famous mathematicians.

It explained ideas about infinity that were fascinating.

I haven't looked up his source for his information on the Kabalah, so I still don't get that. I see that my public library system has it - "Kabbalah and Consciousness" by Allen Afterman - but I am so busy, not sure when I will get to it.

• What is your interpretation of YHVH?

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    G

Jealous megalomanical anti-humanist demon who* demands * worship and submission to* it alone* and wants to keep us enslaved in darkness, hurt, suffering and ignorance?

'Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones, their bloodguiltiness is upon them.'"
    Leviticus 20:27

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.* Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves.* Numbers 31:17-18

When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. Leviticus 15: 19-20

When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand. Deuteronomy 25:11-12

www.salon.com/2014/05/31/11_kinds_of_bible_verses_christians_love_to_ignore_partner

so on.

• Jewish Hell Qabbalistic Correspondance

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    T

Thanks, Benji! I made a connection to my previous studies, though in my memory, it listed different hells for different religions, almost by element I think.

Is there another correspondance book out besides 777 and Jim's 777?

Thanks

• Quality Posts

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Let's Chill

0 Votes
    16 Posts
    A

@Asisa said

"=so=> www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIHDz4u214c -i guess- πŸ˜†"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6RsIKdkVfk with hmmmmmmmm.... Music-Change!

• Brain twins

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    A

@Asisa said

":?:

So that thy light is in me; & its red flame is as a sword in my hand to push thy order. There is a secret door that I shall make to establish thy way in all the quarters, (these are the adorations, as thou hast written), as it is said:"

So...
    The light is mine; its rays consume

Me: I have made a secret door

Into the House of Ra and Tum,

Of Khephra and of Ahathoor ( πŸ˜• another, i think πŸ™„ ).

I am THY Theban, O Mentu,

The prophet Ankh-af-na-khonsu!

By Bes-na-Maut my breast I beat;

By wise Ta-Nech I weave MY SPELL.

Show thy STAR-SPLENDOUR, O Nuit!

Bid me within thine House to dwell,

O wingèd snake of light, Hadit!

Abide with me, Ra-Hoor-Khuit!

• How to become a veiled Master

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    A

Abrahadabra; the reward of Ra-Hoor-Khuit.
    Done!: <=> Adam&Kristen

• Brad Bitt

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • I'm (e) Port and(logic)

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied