Skip to content

College of Thelema: Thelemic Education

Visions & Voices

Discussion & announcements concerning "Visions & Voices: Aleister Crowley's Enochian Visions with Astrological & Qabalistic Commentary"

12 Topics 108 Posts
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Three letter names of The Aethyr.

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    A

"Quote JAE: Read the original John Dee record for July 13, 1584. These are the names as originally given.
    In writing the book, I had theories about a "why." Patterns... but couldn't unquestionably filter my own projections or innate patterning. I'm not sure the "why" matters much. But I've given you where they come from.
    "

Thank you Jim, I am very new to the system and I am just trying to wrap my head around it. BTW, I have been using the ATU’s meditation you suggested in your book for about a month to explore the Aethyr’s. So far,... interesting 😉

• BAG - Fourfold regimen

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Visions & Voices - Errata

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    H

@Jim Eshelman said

"I agree that 551 isn't very impressive, but I did find one Hebrew word that seems totally on target for the vision."

One word that I stumbled upon is the word for "ashamed" used in Ezekiel 16:27. HNKLMVTh. The context and some of the 'strong language' used in the 16th chapter of Ezekiel made me think of the Unveiling of the Mother that is mentioned in the 29th and 28th Aethyrs.

I'm probably way off though. 😆

• Voyage of the Visions

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    H

@Jim Eshelman said

"Does that help?"

It does indeed! Thanks Jim. 😄

@Jim Eshelman said

"PS - Thanks for getting the book. I really hope you enjoy it. I'm quite interested in what results you get."

I'm enjoying it already. The introductory chapters were/are excellent. Although I have to admit that I did have to grit my teeth a bit through some of the astrology sections. It's just not my forte.

When I saw your suggested method of reading the visions my eyes lit up. The concept of turning the abstract and symbolic into something constructive and usable is highly appealing to my practical side. As soon as I read that part I instantly knew that's how I wanted to tackle the rest of the book. It never occured to me that the content of Liber 418 could be used in that way. Great call Jim. 😀

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • the record of Omnia Vincam

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    G

It does have the ring of something tacked on by Crowley. Maybe this was just his obtuse way of saying that OV continued to wrestle with his mind and was learning to overcome it with concentration and silence.

• AEthyr 16 - Sign of the Master of the Temple

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    A

I mistook his feeling "unworthy" for having not been accepted into the Third Order. Also, having not passed through the Abyss "in the fullest possible measure". However, as I understand this doesn't mean that the path wasn't open to him. The last part of Chapter 59 of Confessions and specifically the last paragraph describes what I was misunderstanding.

Thanks.

• The Four Worlds

0 Votes
    27 Posts
    F

wow...ur clarity is amazing:)

• The Cry of the 30th Aethyr

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    D

...Jim, reading the commentaries on the 29th Aethyr now --- and I see that you have already made the connection to the 4 Royal Stars! but now, in the 29th, the sequence is different --> Antares is on the east, Aldebaran setting [and a personal note - I was born at exactly such a moment!]...
    and this is the 'natural' sequence really - because, when Fomalhaut rises for example, Antares culminates, Reguluts sets, Aldebaran is on the lowest point; etc.
    -- so, I wonder how could it be and why that the ancient said Aldebaran guards the east and Antares west, and Regulus south, Fomalhaut north !!?...

back to reading now...
    [ if there was a smiley depicting a starry night, I would use it now to express my overall experience of the book so far, but since there's not, I'll just keep silent...]

• Announcing: Visions & Voices

0 Votes
    13 Posts
    J

It's confirmed: Visions & Voices will be in our hands the middle of next week.

• The Three Aeons

0 Votes
    34 Posts
    C

"Basically, food becomes currency, stored energy, and the ability to plan and scheme and leverage it is a major tactical advantage."

From my sources, currency originated as a symbol for food. Specifically when humans started to store food, the original clay coins were actual accountings of how much food was in the food storeage. It seems though that clay was very easy to counterfit, and thus rob the storehouses.

Thus began mankinds love of silver and gold......