Skip to content

College of Thelema: Thelemic Education

Public Discussion

4.7k Topics 45.5k Posts

Subcategories

• Per user request, here is a place to discuss dream interpretation.

0 Topics
    0 Posts
    No new posts.
  • Q&A and discussion on the Path of Initiation

327 Topics
    4k Posts
    N

Aye?

• Q&A and discussion on the world view encapsulating humanity's current stage of evolution

945 Topics
    13k Posts
    augurA

..."But I needed a person with similar goals and interests to monitor my progress and confirm if I had done the work as thoroughly as possible. It was with great good fortune that James Eshelman was taking an O.T.O. grade when I was visiting a fine O.T.O. person in Southern California. Jim immediately found an interest in what I was doing and opted to travel to my home in Dublin in Northern California for instructions and conferences. He was visiting only for about the third time when I knew he was to be my successor. In the many years that followed we helped each other to do the mandated A:.A:. work and, here was the person to monitor what I was working on and to give me encouragement and also advice. I did the same for him, of course. In our work, I had the assistance of the H.G.A. when needed."

—In the Continuum Vol. V, No. 10

https://www.limitlesslight.org/ITCarchive/ITCvol5.zip

https://thelema.org/aa

May Light Be Extended Upon All.

• Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

541 Topics
    5k Posts
    D

😀
    I came to the forum after long-time-no-see with a question in mind to post and randomly checked here in Qabalah section to see what's new - to find this old thread that addresses, however in its own different way, exactly the subject of my question !

Does anyone know (ideally, historical info, with year/century and everything pertinent) when the Shemhamphorash started being attributed to the Zodiac, in sequence as we now have it?

• Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

514 Topics
    5k Posts
    D

@Uni_Verse said

"The Mystics' Rede (of I)

four-square, mystic,
    I am a Nigh-hil-is-tic!
    Who can know nothing,
    there : being, no
    thing to know

Though I dare
    O, my god !
    I DO, DARE : TO WILL
    To feel, to think, to be-leaf

When, said:
    "This is THAT,"
    I recoils, horrified
    At the denial of my validity
    Sanctity of my solemn-I-ty
    Accepting, Respecting
    Beliefs
    Best I can do as a fellow Me
    to You

TOOT, TOOT
    HOOT, HOOT"

❤ ❤ ❤

Reading this just brought Brightness of Laughter, pure-undiluted-solar-simple-Happiness, to start my day!
    👼

• Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

1k Topics
    14k Posts
    U

To Adapt, To Survive ; By the Two We Thrive

Where is it you have chosen to live and how have you subsequently adapted to survive?

I recently moved across the United States.
    From East Coast, to West Coast
    From privilege, to hardship.
    And .any other things.

It has been difficult, to say the least.
    All my old habits became a Death Warrant.
    Leading to a need for immediate change.

In the Darkness, and not wanting to be Alone, I return to the question...

Where do you live ? How have you adapted, what habits do you find your self taking on?
    How do you see these as an expression of your Will?
    A Magickal Act.

• Threads that appear to be off-topic to the overall forum. (This is an alternative to deleting them outright.) Threads auto-delete after people stop replying.

1 Topics
    2 Posts
    J

FYI,

Ave de Prata began out-and-out spamming the board (in the classic and usual sense of the word "spam").

Therefore, having already two warnings, I'm treating him as any other identified spammer: Deleting his account, blocking access, and wiping all of his posts.

• Scriptural meditations of the day from the Thelemic canon, with primary emphasis on Liber LXV, Liber VII, and Liber CCXX. (Meditations with no responses after 2 days will be deleted - we want to encourage ACTIVE DISCUSSION.)

916 Topics
    3k Posts
    S

@Takamba said

"When Volume II of the Equinox was supposed to come out, there was nothing for Crowley to offer (lack of money and whatnot plus maybe other things). Crowley dubbed Volume II of the Equinox "The Volume of Silence."

What a pun!

Anyway. He claimed in one writing or another to have taken it up as an A.'.A.'. tradition. I don't remember if it is supposed to be one year or five years of silence. I am suspecting that Jim has adopted this tradition and it is why we haven't heard from him in so long (this is all assumption at this point). Let's hope it's one year and not five."

In addition to the Holy Books of Thelema, I would recommend Crowley's "Confessions" as required reading. Read "The Confessions of Aleister CrowleY" and "John St. John". (Not necessarily directed towards Takamba) Reading those two texts/books will integrate your brain with Crowley's thinking. I would say that such reading is more important than anything Abramelin ever wrote... Compare the Abramelin technique with what I suggested in my Psalms of an Aeon (stupid, ridiculous title) #20. It's all about increased devotion. Devotion is just thought, belief, dogma, rubbish. True devotion represents a diminishment of thought so that thought becomes one-pointed, and then through that one-pointedness the mind subsides and all that is left is awareness. HGA?

• 188 Topics
    1k Posts
    A

@danica said

"
    @AliceKnewI said
    "I notice that the sun rays curve as if it were rotating widdershins - counterclockwise. Why would that be?
    I would have expected Deosil - "sunwise"

Any insights for this?"

this is how it appears the Zodiac is moving on daily basis (diurnal Earth rotation), what we see from earth"

Oh, thanks so much!

93 93/93